Sparky was our first dog from Seattle Purebred Dog Rescue (SPDR). He already knew a dozen tricks and he wanted those treats but he got into trouble because he would do anything to get food. He nearly died from eating soil out of a potted plant on the table; it had something poisonous in it to kill aphids. He was 13″ tall but he could jump. We started keeping him and the other dog in crates when we weren’t home and we took them to obedience classes. Sparky earned his UCD (Companion Dog) title in just 3 trials and we wanted to continue but he got prostate cancer. He was a phantom-color poodle (dark above, pale below). He was about 11 when he died.